Sunday, August 19, 2012

Classroom Favorites

Because Megan and I plan everything together, I decided I would highlight just a couple of things in my classroom that she didn't make mention of.  

  
     


Table Caddies - I have these caddies at each of my tables so that my students can begin learning to SHARE.  I bought them in the dollar spot at target and then glued on polka dot ribbon and a number.  I have the students bring in an emptied and cleaned frosting container so I can have more divisions to help the students stay organized.

Manipulatives - I thought all you organization buffs would enjoy my manipulative shelf.  I have taken pictures of the manipulatives that are in each bin so that the students know exactly where to find what they need, and more importantly, they know exactly where to put them away.  

Chicka Chicka Tree -  My Chicka Chicka tree is one of my favorite spots in my classroom.  Within the first week of school I pull a picture of a child out of a hat and have a different child tell me who is in the picture.  They then have to tell me the letter that is at the beginning of that child's name.  I then hang the picture with the child's first letter of their name climbing up the tree.  This activity is such a fun way for the students to get to know one another.

Brain Beads - We found this idea on Pinterest.  I laminated circles and placed hooks at the top of the circles.  I then numbered the circles so that each child has their own.  The students will each get their own bracelet to add charms (pony beads) to throughout the year, and they will be on display for all to see.  Some examples of charm worthy achievements are: letter sounds, letter names, counting to 100, tying shoes, etc.  

Wall of Work - I really hate stapling up all my students work, especially behind those computers!  So, I laminated circles and hot glued a clothes pin to each.  Now, I just have to clip their work up!  Way easier.  

No comments:

Post a Comment